Trenton, NJ USA
Joseph J. Bires is the Supervisor of Technology for the Marlboro Township School District. Prior to Marlboro, he was the technology coordinator for the Manville School District. He possesses over nine years experience as a technology leader and teacher in K-12 education. He earned a masters degree in computers in education with a concentration in technology leadership from Columbia University. He is currently a student in the doctorate program in educational leadership and technology at the University of Delaware.
“Acceptable Use and the Web 2.0”
In this presentation, the participants will discuss how the use of Web 2.0 technologies has challenged and changed the concept of acceptable use. The presenter will suggest ways to balance protecting students, teachers, and schools from the dangers of the Internet, while still integrating Web 2.0 technologies into the K-12 curriculum. Also, philosophical issues of acceptable use will be discussed such as identity and transparency. Finally, practical suggestions will be shared to help every teacher and administrator.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 5 Presentations: 25 October, 2013 - 2013
- Writing - It's All about Collaboration and Sharing - 2013
- Place-Based Education: The Greenspire School - 2013
- Any Device Will Do! Best Practices of BYOD Implementation - 2013
- Blogging with Little People - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 4 Presentations: 25 October 2012 - 2012
- Make/Hack/Play - Lenses for Learning - 2012
- Show off your work online using Weebly.com - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 6 Presentations: 25 October 2010 - 2010
- Seeds to Success with Skype - 2010