Denver, Co, USA
Ben Wilkoff is a 7th/8th grade Language Arts teacher at Cresthill Middle School in Colorado (a Denver suburb). He has been immersed in the world of school 2.0 ever since he started reading Will Richardson’s blog in 2004, and he was recently awarded the Totally Wired Teacher of 2007 award by Edutopia Magazine. Ben has also designed a school 2.0 within a school model called The Academy of Discovery.
“Starting From Scratch: Framing Change for All Stakeholders”
Starting from Scratch tells the story of education transformation. Its point of view is the classroom, with all of its eccentricities and complications. The characters are students, teachers, administrators, and parents, with all of their hopes and fears vying for attention. Its plot shows measured steps down the path of real change. This presentation chronicles one educator’s experience with crafting a voice at the intersection of research, pedagogy, and technology. It outlines a way forward for teachers who recognize the obstacles to opportunity and still want to press on.
Academy of Discovery Portal
Discourse about Discourse Blog
Discourse about Discourse Podcast
A screencast on Framing Change for Students
A screencast on The Academy of Discovery Wiki
On this day..
- K12ONLINE15 DAY 6: OCTOBER 26, 2015 - 2015
- Reinventing PreService Teacher Technology Courses - 2015
- Let's Draw Some Attention: Digital Sketchnotes for Learning - 2015
- Overcoming Obstacles: From 'Yes, But' to 'Why Not?' and 'How Can We?' - 2015
- Gaming the conference - 2014
- K12Online12 Day 5 Presentations: 26 October 2012 - 2012
- Make Meaning with Wolfram Alpha - 2012
- The Magic of Mobile Learning - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 7 Presentations: 26 October 2010 - 2010
- Teaching Science to 21st Century Learners - 2010