Trussville, AL, USA
Shawn, Dir.of Tech. for Trussville City, IT for 20 years. Published in Business Week Online,T.H.E.Journal, AL Best Practice Center’s WorkingToward Excellence, Access Control&Security Systems. Presenter at AETC, T+L, NECC, and SITE. CNS degree from ITT tech. District V rep. to the AETA, state committee child Internet safety, member of SSA, ISTE, and IEEE. In 2007 awarded the Chiquita Marbury award.
“Creating a Paradigm Shift in Technology”
What if you worked for a dream system? With a Superintendent & BOE whose focus is technology and professional development. Would it be a utopian and collaborative environment with teachers and students engaged with Web 2.0 tools? Not necessarily. Having open Internet access and a 1:1 computer initiative is not necessarily the key to engagement. A core cultural change must take place where students, teachers, administration and the community support technology in the curriculum. This presentation will share how we overcame many obstacles, created opportunities, and our current obstacles.
On this day..
- K12Online12 Day 5 Presentations: 26 October 2012 - 2012
- Make Meaning with Wolfram Alpha - 2012
- The Magic of Mobile Learning - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 7 Presentations: 26 October 2010 - 2010
- Teaching Science to 21st Century Learners - 2010
- License to Cull with Creative Commons and yolink - 2010
- Project Based Learning in Hand - 2010
- Teaching Kids To Think Using Scratch - 2010
- "When Night Falls" begins!! - 2007
- Friday, October 26 Presentations - 2007