Kern Kelley Maine, USA
Bio: Kern has uses technology in education since the beginning of his teaching career. Starting with computer clubs in Thames, New Zealand he now works and lives in central Maine, USA. He is a technology teacher at a 5-8 school and a continuing focus of his educational philosophy is having students teach others. Because of the changing nature of technology, Kern believes it is the perfect vehicle for students to learn by teaching. He is a Google Certified Teacher and has presented at the local, state and national level.
Bio Page: https://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Kern+Kelley
Presentation Title: “The Google Gamut: Everything you need to get started”
Description: The number of technology resources available to us can be overwhelming and whenever I’m asked “Where to begin?” I usually suggest setting up a Google Account. With a single login and password, users have access to dozens of free services. This presentation walks through the process of setting up an account and then using a handful of the more popular applications that Google offers. The progression runs from email to a personalized homepage, blog reader and writer, online word processor, spreadsheet and presentation suite, calendar, photo storage, and finally a web page creator to pull it all together. Also, because Google is constantly adding and improving features, users who already have accounts might just pick up on some new tips they hadn’t known about.
Access Help Desk
On this day..
- K12Online15 Day 3: October 21, 2015 - 2015
- The Global Collaborators - 2015
- WOW Wednesday - 2015
- There is Now a 5th Law of Robotics - 2015
- Teaser: Gamifi-ED Networked Learning about Serious Games - 2014
- K12Online14 Day Two â€“ October 21, 2014 - 2014
- Creating an Edventure in Your Classroom - 2014
- A Tale of Three Classrooms: How and Why We Read, Write, and Think for Each Other - 2014
- The iPad's Killer App - 2014
- PLN Power: A Personal Story - 2014