Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“TIGed Basics: A Beginners Guide to Social Networking in the Classroom(Basic)”
Luke is the Education Program Manager at TakingITGlobal, a Canadian charity focused on empowering young people to learn about and take action on global social issues. Luke has presented at education-related conferences around North America and throughout the world.
Luke will lead viewers through the basics of TakingITGlobal’s TIGed.org environment, a secure virtual classroom and collaboration space that focuses on global education. TIGed combines blogs, podcasts, photo sharing, mapping tools, and live and asynchronous discussion tools with TakingITGlobal.org’s thriving community of 125,000 young global leaders. The presentation will be appropriate for those who are new to TIGed, or new to social networking altogether. All participants will be provided with access to TIGed, and will be challenged to find and share creative uses of the tool.
Presentation (all files should be linked from index but are listed here as a back-up)
On this day..
- K12Online14 Day Five: October 24, 2014 - 2014
- How Schools Are Preparing Students To Be Real World Ready - 2014
- Five Steps to Level Up Your Teaching - 2014
- Collaboration with TwitCast - 2014
- Out My Window - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 4 Presentations: 24 October, 2013 - 2013
- Social /Library Media Project Based Learning - 2013
- Radically Learner-Centered: Badges at P2PU - 2013
- Transforming your Classroom from the Outside In - 2013
- Open Online Experience - 2013