Irvine, CA, USA
“Two-Way Teaching: An Overview of the Read/Write Web in Education”
A former high school English teacher, Mark has since served as an educational technology coordinator at Estancia High School, the Newport-Mesa Unified School District, and the Orange County Department of Education. He now serves as the president of the Educational Technology and Life Corporation, which provides professional development and consulting services to schools, districts, and other educational institutions. Mark has a masters degree in cross-cultural education. He is also working towards a PhD in Educational Technology at Walden University, and expects to complete his dissertation in early 2007.
Learn to use the two-way web to support two-way teaching! This fast-paced session offers an overview of the two-way (or read/write) web, and a discussion of two-way teaching philosophy. This is followed by a walk-through of specific two-way web tools such as blogs, wikis, podcasts, social bookmarking, RSS, and more. Participants will learn how they can integrate these technologies into their teaching. This will be followed by an overview of the related concerns. The session concludes with a call for participation. I hope you’ll teach me!
Wiki for this presentation: http://twowayteaching.wikispaces.com
Blogs For Teachers: www.edublogs.org
Wikis For Teachers: www.wikispaces.com/site/for/teachers/
Social Bookmarking: www.furl.net
On this day..
- K12Online12 Day 4 Presentations: 25 October 2012 - 2012
- Make/Hack/Play - Lenses for Learning - 2012
- Show off your work online using Weebly.com - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 6 Presentations: 25 October 2010 - 2010
- Seeds to Success with Skype - 2010
- The Classroom Social Network: It's not just Fun, It's Fundamental to Modern Learning - 2010
- A Week in the Classroom 2010 Keynote - 2010
- K12 Online 2010 - Kicking It Up A Notch Keynote: interSections - 2010
- Thursday, October 25 Presentations - 2007
- Professional Learning Networks
“Changing a System: Network Centric Learning Communities” - 2007