Bud Hunt Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Bio: Bud Hunt is an instructional technologist for the St. Vrain Valley School District in northern Colorado. Formerly, he taught high school language arts and journalism at Olde Columbine High School in Longmont, Colorado. He is a teacher-consultant with the Colorado State University Writing Project, and has written on educational issues for a variety of publications. A consumer of copious amounts of new media, Bud blogs and podcasts at www.budtheteacher.com.
Bio Page: http://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Bud+Hunt
Presentation Title: The Lie of Community: The True Nature of the Network
Description: The emergence of online, networked communities of practice is valuable and precious – but it is easy to be misled about what these actually are. They are not communities, in the traditional sense. There is no set membership. Norms and values grow and change in response to our changing understandings and participatory acts. We all see different things and exist in different conversations. Texts are repurposed. We choose whom we read and follow and respond to. In this edited collection of multiple conversations about these issues, the presenter and his guests will share some theory, stories, and ideas about what it means to exist, teach, create and learn in a community of communities, a true personal learning network.
DotSub video links are not available for audio-only presentations.
Audio only (19:59 Run Time; mp3, 4.6 MB)
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 9 Presentations 31 October, 2013 - 2013
- Digital Portfolios - 2013
- Making Space to Make - 2013
- Creativity Rising - 2013
- Building Knowledge of Web Search - 2013
- The Promise of Leadership - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 8 Presentations: 31 October 2012 - 2012
- Thinking Big About Learning - 2012
- Creating and Playing in Minecraft - 2012
- Creating Seven Habits of Highly Effective Professional Development Learning Experiences - 2012