Aimee Stoffel and Tanya Gray: Goodland, Kansas, USA
Bio: Aimee is a high school media specialist in Goodland, Kansas and has worked with children in Kindergarten through high school on media and technology skills. She is a Discovery Educator and is a member of her district’s Lead Tech Team. Tanya Gray is a junior high math teacher in Goodland, Kansas. She also co-teaches a class called 21st Century Skills to seniors at Goodland High School with Aimee Stoffel. Tanya and Aimee’s 21C students were involved in the Horizon Project last year and are currently taking part in the Flat Classroom Project. Tanya is a Discovery Educator and the chairperson of the Kansas DEN leadership team. Tanya is also a member of the MACE (Mid-America Computers in Education) board in her state. She is a member of her district’s Lead Tech Team.
Bio Page: http://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Aimee+Stoffel
Presentation Title: Pushing the Limits: Web 2.0 and 21st Century Learning
Description: Tanya and Aimee have launched a pilot program that would put laptops and Web 2.0 technologies in the hands and minds of seniors in our rural Kansas high school. This presentation will discuss the layout of the class setup and background work needed for implementation, communicate the struggles and successes encountered and show examples of student work. Together we will provide educators with an in-depth glimpse of the possibilities that are out there for 21st century teaching and learning. The participants will go away with a wealth of knowledge of different Web 2.0 applications and how to use them in classroom instruction. The participants will see the layout of the class, hear pros and cons of the experience, and gather ideas for “amplifying possibilities” for technology use in their own classrooms. should be considered.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 7 Presentations 29 October 2013 - 2013
- T3:Triple Threat in Tech: Art, Music, and Media - 2013
- Mindfulness and Neuroscience: How a Contemplative Curriculum for K-12 Students can Improve Focus, Connectedness, and Self-Regulation - 2013
- A Story + A Green Wall = 1 Amazing Transformed Digital Story.... - 2013
- Learn how to create a WordPress Website in less than 20 minutes - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 6 Presentations: 29 October 2012 - 2012
- Teaching Art in a Technology Rich and Connected Classroom - 2012
- Quest Atlantis: Student Design and Ownership - 2012
- Keynote for Kicking It Up A Notch : It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- Keynote for Student Voices: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012