Lorna Costantini, St. Catharines, Ontario Canada & Matt Montagne Palo Alto, California, USA
Bio:Matt and Lorna met each other ‘virtually’ through their mutual interests in new ways to consider parental involvement and through their participation in the Webcast Academy’s class of 2.4. Lorna and Matt are members of the Parents as Partners bi-monthly webcast over at Edtechtalk.com.
Presentation Description: New ways of looking at relationships with parents will help parents support their children, their child’s teacher and their child’s school. The next generation of parents are and will continue to be computer literate. Electronic communications will be one of the ways that schools and teachers effectively communicate with families in the 21st century. By engaging parents using new mediums, schools can help develop a broad base of parental knowledge regarding social media tools. parents that are more informated and have a better understanding of social media technologoes will be better prepared to help their children successed and excel in the information age.
Original (20:10 Run Time; .mov, 65.0 MB)
iPod Video (20:10 Run Time; m4v, 65.0 MB)
Audio only (20:10 Run Time; mp3, 7.5 MB)
- Parents as Partners Wiki http://parentsaspartners.wikispaces.com/
- 2008 K12Online Voicethread Version of the Presentation
- Parents as Partners Portal (still in development)
- Parents as Partners Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php?src=fftb#/group.php?gid=13136746541&ref=ts
3 Essential Questions:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 9 Presentations 31 October, 2013 - 2013
- Digital Portfolios - 2013
- Making Space to Make - 2013
- Creativity Rising - 2013
- Building Knowledge of Web Search - 2013
- The Promise of Leadership - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 8 Presentations: 31 October 2012 - 2012
- Thinking Big About Learning - 2012
- Creating and Playing in Minecraft - 2012
- Creating Seven Habits of Highly Effective Professional Development Learning Experiences - 2012