Lorna Costantini, St. Catharines, Ontario Canada & Matt Montagne Palo Alto, California, USA
Bio:Matt and Lorna met each other ‘virtually’ through their mutual interests in new ways to consider parental involvement and through their participation in the Webcast Academy’s class of 2.4. Lorna and Matt are members of the Parents as Partners bi-monthly webcast over at Edtechtalk.com.
Presentation Description: New ways of looking at relationships with parents will help parents support their children, their child’s teacher and their child’s school. The next generation of parents are and will continue to be computer literate. Electronic communications will be one of the ways that schools and teachers effectively communicate with families in the 21st century. By engaging parents using new mediums, schools can help develop a broad base of parental knowledge regarding social media tools. parents that are more informated and have a better understanding of social media technologoes will be better prepared to help their children successed and excel in the information age.
Original (20:10 Run Time; .mov, 65.0 MB)
iPod Video (20:10 Run Time; m4v, 65.0 MB)
Audio only (20:10 Run Time; mp3, 7.5 MB)
- Parents as Partners Wiki http://parentsaspartners.wikispaces.com/
- 2008 K12Online Voicethread Version of the Presentation
- Parents as Partners Portal (still in development)
- Parents as Partners Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php?src=fftb#/group.php?gid=13136746541&ref=ts
3 Essential Questions:
On this day..
- K12Online Day Ten: October 31, 2014 - 2014
- Web 2.0 Tools That Will Increase Creativity and Passion in Your Online Courses - 2014
- An Introduction to Webmaker for Educators - 2014
- Passion-Driven Learning in #clmooc- Supporting Teacher Agency in Making and Learning - 2014
- How Rube Goldberg Led Our 6th Graders to Pursue their Passions through STEM - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 9 Presentations 31 October, 2013 - 2013
- Digital Portfolios - 2013
- Making Space to Make - 2013
- Creativity Rising - 2013
- Building Knowledge of Web Search - 2013