Kim Cofino Bangkok, Thailand & Jen Wagner California, USA
Bio: Jennifer Wagner: Online Project Coordinator since 1999 of over 50 projects involving over 350,000 students. She makes participating in projects seem easy for elementary teachers of all ages. Jen currently works as an IT/Help Desk at a private K12 school in California. She is also the founder of Women of Web 2 and enjoys traveling to schools and conferences to share her passion for internet tools.
Kim Cofino: Born in the US, Kim has been teaching overseas for 9 years. She is currently the 21st Century Literacy Specialist at the International School Bangkok, linking technology and the library by helping teachers utilize web 2.0 tools in the classroom. Kim works with teachers worldwide on projects that authentically engage students, creating effective 21st century learners, collaborators and creators.
Presentation Description: Globally collaborative projects are an exciting way to engage your students in authentic learning across continents. Combining a variety of web 2.0 tools can remove the barriers of time and distance to connect your class internationally. Learning to collaborate in an online and inter-cultural environment will clearly be a critical skill for their future. Learn how to develop a successful global collaboration and participate in a real time project with Kim and Jennifer! Although aimed at elementary school, teachers of all levels will find inspiration and practical ideas throughout this video!
Original (20:06 Run Time; .mov, 36MB)
iPod Video (20:06 Run Time; m4v, XXMB)
Audio only (20:06 Run Time; mp3, XXMB)
- Project wiki: http://thereadingconnection.wikispaces.com/
- Presentation resources: http://globallyconnectedproj.wikispaces.com/
- VoiceThread of Essential Questions: http://voicethread.com/share/222585/
On this day..
- K12Online12 Day 6 Presentations: 29 October 2012 - 2012
- Teaching Art in a Technology Rich and Connected Classroom - 2012
- Quest Atlantis: Student Design and Ownership - 2012
- Keynote for Kicking It Up A Notch : It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- Keynote for Student Voices: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 10 Presentations: 29 October 2010 - 2010
- Technology and Drama – Teaching with Glove Puppets - 2010
- Shhh!!! The Students are Learning: Being an Effective Classroom Facilitator - 2010
- Creating and Implementing a STEM Mini-Unit - 2010
- Constructing Digital Commonplace Texts Using Diigo, VoiceThread, VideoAnt, and YouTube Annotations the Classroom - 2010