Kim Cofino Bangkok, Thailand & Jen Wagner California, USA
Bio: Jennifer Wagner: Online Project Coordinator since 1999 of over 50 projects involving over 350,000 students. She makes participating in projects seem easy for elementary teachers of all ages. Jen currently works as an IT/Help Desk at a private K12 school in California. She is also the founder of Women of Web 2 and enjoys traveling to schools and conferences to share her passion for internet tools.
Kim Cofino: Born in the US, Kim has been teaching overseas for 9 years. She is currently the 21st Century Literacy Specialist at the International School Bangkok, linking technology and the library by helping teachers utilize web 2.0 tools in the classroom. Kim works with teachers worldwide on projects that authentically engage students, creating effective 21st century learners, collaborators and creators.
Presentation Description: Globally collaborative projects are an exciting way to engage your students in authentic learning across continents. Combining a variety of web 2.0 tools can remove the barriers of time and distance to connect your class internationally. Learning to collaborate in an online and inter-cultural environment will clearly be a critical skill for their future. Learn how to develop a successful global collaboration and participate in a real time project with Kim and Jennifer! Although aimed at elementary school, teachers of all levels will find inspiration and practical ideas throughout this video!
Original (20:06 Run Time; .mov, 36MB)
iPod Video (20:06 Run Time; m4v, XXMB)
Audio only (20:06 Run Time; mp3, XXMB)
- Project wiki: http://thereadingconnection.wikispaces.com/
- Presentation resources: http://globallyconnectedproj.wikispaces.com/
- VoiceThread of Essential Questions: http://voicethread.com/share/222585/
On this day..
- K12ONLINE CONFERENCE DAY 9: OCTOBER 29, 2015 - 2015
- Lesson Plan: The Worst Preso EVER! - 2015
- Connecting Creativity - 2015
- Social Media for Continuous Professional Learning - 2015
- K12Online14 Day Eight: October 29, 2014 - 2014
- Connected Learners Need Connected Leaders - 2014
- Full Steam Ahead! - 2014
- Genius Hour Passion Projects - 2014
- Coding/Making/Writing with Connected Learners - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 7 Presentations 29 October 2013 - 2013