Lisa Parisi Herricks School District, Long Island, NY, USA
Bio: Lisa Parisi is a classroom teacher of 20+ years who still feels excitement each time she walks into her classroom. While she loves working with children, she also enjoys providing staff development everywhere she can. She teaches classes through the district teacher center and through local colleges, streaming them every chance she gets. She also co-hosts two EdTechTalk shows, one called Teachers are Talking and one called Conversations.
Presentation Description: A project-based learning (PBL) classroom is an ideal environment for preparing 21st century students for their future. This type of classroom provides students the opportunity to engage in learning, using their creativity to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum. Learn how to create and manage a PBL classroom, while still maintaining your sanity.
Original (17:51 Run Time; .wmv, 36.7 MB)
iPod Video (17:51 Run Time; mp4, 78.7 MB)
Audio only (17:51 Run Time; mp3, 11.6 MB)
- http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2 008/07/01/chris-lehmann-the-pedagogical-visionary-of-school-20/
3 Essential Questions:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 6 Presentations 28 October 2013 - 2013
- 20 Creation Apps in 20 Minutes - 2013
- If You Want Data to Transform Learning, Present It as “Over-the-Counter” - 2013
- Building Learning Keynote - Making the Case for Making in Schools - 2013
- Developing Leadership in Classrooms, Schools and Communities - 2013
- #k12Online10 Day 9 Presentations: 28 October 2010 - 2010
- Aplicaciones Didácticas de la web 2.0:Buenas prácticas - 2010
- Robo Fusion - 2010
- Web Conferencing - Can We Chat? - 2010
- GPS and Geocaching - 2010