Lisa Parisi Herricks School District, Long Island, NY, USA
Bio: Lisa Parisi is a classroom teacher of 20+ years who still feels excitement each time she walks into her classroom. While she loves working with children, she also enjoys providing staff development everywhere she can. She teaches classes through the district teacher center and through local colleges, streaming them every chance she gets. She also co-hosts two EdTechTalk shows, one called Teachers are Talking and one called Conversations.
Presentation Description: A project-based learning (PBL) classroom is an ideal environment for preparing 21st century students for their future. This type of classroom provides students the opportunity to engage in learning, using their creativity to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of curriculum. Learn how to create and manage a PBL classroom, while still maintaining your sanity.
Original (17:51 Run Time; .wmv, 36.7 MB)
iPod Video (17:51 Run Time; mp4, 78.7 MB)
Audio only (17:51 Run Time; mp3, 11.6 MB)
- http://www.speedofcreativity.org/2 008/07/01/chris-lehmann-the-pedagogical-visionary-of-school-20/
3 Essential Questions:
On this day..
- K12ONLINE CONFERENCE DAY 8: OCTOBER 28, 2015 - 2015
- Meeting Parents and Students Where They Are - 2015
- Fairytale Compositions - 2015
- Robots in Class: Mimetics's Experience - 2015
- K12Online14 Day Seven: October 28, 2014 - 2014
- Making, Tinkering & Design - 2014
- Grab the MIC - 2014
- A Key to Interest-Based Learning - 2014
- STEAMmaker: Merging Classroom STEM and Afterschool MakerEducation - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 6 Presentations 28 October 2013 - 2013