Steven Kimmi Salina, KS, United States
Bio: Steven is a fifth grade teacher in Salina, KS. He graduated from Kansas State University three years ago, where he pursued many other majors before choosing on Elementary Education. He is the author of Experiments in Technology and In Transit(ion). He is in the process of creating numerous open source resources for teachers in his district and beyond. However, he is the parent of three children under four, so his time is…well, time is…of the essence.
Bio Page: https://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Steven+Kimmi
Presentation Title: “Traveling Through The Dark”
Description: This presentation examines how to get started using educational technology through metaphorical analysis of William Stafford’s poem, Traveling Through The Dark. Through this analysis we will look at the obstacles teacher’s face, the process of implementing technology into the classroom, and the role that others can play in the process.
Link on dotsub
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 3 Presentations: 23 October, 2013 - 2013
- The planning and development of a free online resource - ‘A Trifling History of the Moving Image’. - 2013
- Bread and Butter: Civilization, Toast, and Open Content - 2013
- 5 Themes of Geography: Local to Global - 2013
- Making and Sharing Fugleflicks - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 2 Presentations: 23 October 2012 - 2012
- Virtual Worlds for Immersive, Media Rich Educational Shared Environments - 2012
- The Flipped Class for Administrators - 2012
- Leveraging the Power of Social Media in the Classroom - 2012
- Leveraging Social Media to Flatten Your Classroom Walls - 2012