Presenter: Patrick Fogarty
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Presentation Title: Going One-to-One
Presentation Description: “One-to-one computing” is more than another educational buzzphrase; it’s a movement whose proponents aim to make our classrooms resemble the workplace of today and tomorrow rather than the factories of the 19th century. It’s an idea developed through thirty years of trial and error by some of the most brilliant minds in technology and education, and luminaries ranging from Steve Jobs and Bill Gates to Harold Gardner and Salman Khan have contributed ideas small and large to its conceptual framework. It also creates for us the opportunity to engage our students on their level, as digital natives rather than classroom outsiders.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12 Online Live Event - Teachers Teaching Teachers - 2012
- K12Online12 Day 1 Presentations: 22 October 2012 - 2012
- Visioning New Curriculum Keynote - 2012
- A Digital Journey with Primary Students and No Budget! - 2012
- Digital ID Project A Platform for Learning, Sharing, Remixing and Teaching Digital Citizenship - 2012
- Announcing 2011 Conference Keynote Speakers - 2011
- #k12Online10 Day 5 Presentations: 22 October 2010 - 2010
- Don't Fear the Cloud, Embrace It and Leverage It! - 2010
- Learning On My Own - 2010
- Students Redefine School - 2010