Presenter: Patrick Fogarty
Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA
Presentation Title: Going One-to-One
Presentation Description: “One-to-one computing” is more than another educational buzzphrase; it’s a movement whose proponents aim to make our classrooms resemble the workplace of today and tomorrow rather than the factories of the 19th century. It’s an idea developed through thirty years of trial and error by some of the most brilliant minds in technology and education, and luminaries ranging from Steve Jobs and Bill Gates to Harold Gardner and Salman Khan have contributed ideas small and large to its conceptual framework. It also creates for us the opportunity to engage our students on their level, as digital natives rather than classroom outsiders.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- Teaser: Passion-Driven Learning - 2014
- K12Online14 Day Three: October 22, 2014 - 2014
- Augmenting Interest in Reading with Augmented Reality - 2014
- #Gamifi_ED Networked Intergenerational Learning - 2014
- Digital Story Telling Through App Smashing - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 2 Presentations: 22 October 2013 - 2013
- Connecting Classrooms Globally - 2013
- School of Open Courses for Educators - 2013
- Expanding Learning Possibilities through Crowdfunding Education Projects - 2013
- Crowdsourcing Your Professional Development - 2013