Presenter: Kyle Dunbar
Location: Alexandria, VA, USA
Presentation Description: Come learn about and listen to student voices highlighted on Authentic Voices (http://authentic-voices.wikispaces.com/) a wiki co-developed with a Language Arts teacher and a Technology Integration Specialist at an alternative setting. Authentic Voices is a place where students upload original pieces of writing along with an audio file of them reading their piece. Listen to at least three of the pieces students have composed and learn how students begin to authentically revise their work when creating an audio file of their work. Consider how students begin to see themselves differently as a result of publishing their work online. While Authentic Voices has a global audience (over 60 countries), we do not yet have another classroom that regularly comments on our studentsâ€™ writing or posts their own writing on this site. Ponder efforts and challenges to finding collaborative classrooms.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 10 1 November 2013 - 2013
- Constructing Identity with an iPad - 2013
- Deeper Learning Online - 2013
- STEAM: Creating A Maker Mindset - 2013
- Leading by Example: Harnessing the Internet to Promote Professional Growth and Lifelong Learning - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 9 Presentations: 1 November 2012 - 2012
- Digital Tools for Differentiating Vocabulary Instruction - 2012
- Virtual Worlds for Learning and Teaching: Power Examples to Get You Thinking - 2012
- Student News Teams: Telling the Story - 2012
- Closing Keynote: A Gardener's Approach To Learning - 2010