Presentation Description: Most teachers would love to communicate and collaborate with other classes but are unsure just how to begin this process. How do you go about finding other classes to connect with? Where do you find projects that can be used for collaboration? How do you cope with time zones? How can social media help you flatten your classroom walls and enable you to incorporate the 4C’s of collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking into your weekly lessons?
Find out how Paula and Jan found each other in 2009 and have had their two classes collaborating ever since. Learn how these two veteran educators have used social media sites such as Ning, Twitter, Facebook, Edmodo, Google and Google HangOut, and Skype to collaborate and communicate with many more classrooms each year.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
List of websites mentioned:
On this day..
- K12ONLINE15 DAY 5: OCTOBER 23, 2015 - 2015
- Adam Jones Education Podcast Creation Story - 2015
- Getting Started with Maker Ed! - 2015
- What Can Social Media Aggregation Contribute to Advocating for Education? Getting all A's in School - 2015
- K12Online14 Day Four: October 23, 2014 - 2014
- Digital Tools for Challenged Learners- Leveling the Playing Field! - 2014
- Gamification: It's not all fun and games! - 2014
- We Are All Connected - 2014
- My Journey With Technology - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 3 Presentations: 23 October, 2013 - 2013