Presenter: Kay Tibbs
Location: United States
Presentation Description: What if you could focus on your studentsâ€™ learning and not worry about the technology they have, or more accurately, donâ€™t have?What if it didnâ€™t matter that some students have iOS devices while others have Android devices and those who donâ€™t have a handheld device can use the laptops or desktop computers? Just imagine if it simply didnâ€™t matter…. What if you could have those fancy Student Response Systems and not have to fork out money?
It doesnâ€™t matter what device they have and that you donâ€™t have any money to purchase a Student Response System as long as they can access the Internet. Socrative is a web-based student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets. How many times have you asked students a question, just to have the smartest students be the only ones who volunteer to answer? Using Socrative, all students can answer your questions and you can see their responses right away or look at them later, whatever works for you.
Take your student learning to new levels of engagement. Make time for play in learning. Give your students the ability to discover, try, fail, solve problems, and experience that learning is fun.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
My goal is to provide teachers with resources that allow them to see the power of web-based applications, the functionality of mobile technologies and the engagement that students experience as a result of letting them take control of their own learning. When teachers realize that students don’t have to have the same equipment, as long as they can access or respond to whatever the teacher is guiding, then the barriers are removed. Take your students to new levels of engagement. Make time for play in learning. Give your students the ability to discover, try, fail, solve problems, and experience that learning is fun!
On this day..
- K12Online11 Day 9 Presentations: 8 December 2011 - 2011
- Everything Apps for the K12 Educator - 2011
- Creating a Self Correcting Quiz Using Google Forms - 2011
- Tools to Create, Produce and Publish - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 2 Presentations: 8 December 2009 - 2009
- Just a "touch" of leadership - Using the iPod Touch/IPhone in Administration - 2009
- LAN: Learning Is Social - 2009
- Learning Confluence: Where Philosophy Meets Practice in the 21st Century - 2009
- Instructional Strategies That Work with Videoconferencing: Increasing Interactivity - 2009
- Using E-Books to Motivate Pupils Writing - 2009