Presenter: Shannon Smith
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Presentation Title: Get in the Game – Learning, Leading and Play
Presentation Description: This presentation explores the role school leaders assume in promoting play within learning environments. Play is intimately linked to creativity, the development of cognitive flexibility and a sense of belonging — all things critical for responsive and engaging places of learning. Through modelling a playful approach, school leaders create the conditions under which creativity, innovation, risk-taking and flexible thinking flourish.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- #k12Online11 Day 2 Presentations: 29 November 2011 - 2011
- The Black Line Mystery - a story about the most complicated chinese character known to mankind and its community - 2011
- How Do I Know I Made A Difference? (an audio story) - 2011
- Building a Uniquely Montana Program: The Montana Digital Academy - 2011
- Spread the Word! K12Online09 Printable Flyer Available - 2009
- K12Online09 Presentation Schedule Available - 2009