Presenter: Vicki Davis and Westwood Schools Students
Location: Camilla, Georgia, USA
Link to presenter’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: Digiteens: Digital Citizenship by Digital Teenagers
Presentation Description: Much of digital citizenship education focuses on adults compiling information to share with students, this method provides a framework for students to conduct authentic research with global partners on the aspects of digital citizenship and creation of action projects at their schools. This presentation’s goal is to: 1) demonstrate the efficacy of a project based approach to digital citizenship education, 2) provide insight into teen-mentoring of younger students, 3) effective coaching practices for teachers and educators wishing to encourage a project based learning approach to digital citizenship, 4) an overview of the aspects of digital citizenship salient to teenagers around the world and what they think the message of educators should be to their students, and 5) a concrete experience allowing students who have thoroughly researched this topic to share their thoughts with a global audience and engage in global discussion on this.
This is a compilation of student views, research, and beliefs as it relates to digital topics and how these should be taught in schools.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Digiteen Project: a Flat Classroom project.
On this day..
- Best Open PD of 2013 - 2013
- K12Online11 Day 10 Presentations: 9 December 2011 - 2011
- iCreate vs. iConsumption - 2011
- Screencasting 101 - 2011
- Edmodo: Connect, Collaborate, Create! - 2011
- Playing with the 4C's in an Elementary Classroom - 2011
- Gaming to Learn by Learning to Game - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 3 Presentations: 9 December 2009 - 2009
- Whither ePortfolios - 2009
- You Might Be a 21st Century Leader if... - 2009