“Social Bookmarking, Using Del.icio.us”
Jeff Utecht is an international educator currently working in Shanghai, China. Prior to Shanghai, Jeff worked in Saudi Arabia and Washington State. Jeff received a Teacher Leadership Project grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in 2001 and his MS in Curriculum and Instruction with a focus on Technology in 2004. Jeff has presented at the Near East South Asia teacher’s conference and has been involved in staff development trainings for the past 6 years. Living and working within the international community has given Jeff first hand experience of the “flattening of our world.” From the wireless deserts of the Arabian Peninsula to the fast paced changes in mainland China, Jeff provides a global perspective on technology and education. At present, Jeff maintains several sites including saschinaonline.org, pudongnervecentral.com, and oversees the operation of teentek.com .
Why save web sites to your computer where they can not be accessed by your students? Using a social bookmarking site such as del.icio.us teachers can bookmark web pages to be used in the classroom or for student to reference at home for homework. A screencast of using del.icio.us.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 10 1 November 2013 - 2013
- Constructing Identity with an iPad - 2013
- Deeper Learning Online - 2013
- STEAM: Creating A Maker Mindset - 2013
- Leading by Example: Harnessing the Internet to Promote Professional Growth and Lifelong Learning - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 9 Presentations: 1 November 2012 - 2012
- Digital Tools for Differentiating Vocabulary Instruction - 2012
- Authentic Voices - 2012
- Virtual Worlds for Learning and Teaching: Power Examples to Get You Thinking - 2012
- Student News Teams: Telling the Story - 2012