David Warlick Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Bio: David Warlick, a 30 year educator, has been a teacher, district administrator, and staff consultant with the North Carolina State Department of Public Instruction. His web site, Landmarks for Schools, serves more than a half-million visits a day with a variety of teacher tools. David is also the author of three books on instructional technology and contemporary literacy, and has spoken to audiences throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America.
Bio Page: http://davidwarlick.com/bio/
Presentation Title: Telling the New Story: Leverage Points for Inspiring Change Orientation
Description: It is often said that “the future is not what it use to be.” In this information-driven, technology-rich world, where jobs appear and become obsolete in only a few years, it is certainly not your father’s future any more. Retooling our classrooms into learning spaces that effectively prepare our children for a future of infinite opportunity will require a new story about teaching and learning. It must be a story that is so compelling that we forget about our childhood student experiences from decades ago and agree that a different kind of classroom, teaching, and learning experience is required and deserved by our children.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 8 Presentations 30 October 2013 - 2013
- Energy 101: KidWind & the SHS Chevy Volt Project - 2013
- Bring Digital Badges To Your School or Classroom - 2013
- Coding for Kids - 2013
- Game Changing Apps - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 7 Presentations: 30 October 2012 - 2012
- Using iOS App Affordances to Foster Literacy Learning in the Classroom - 2012
- Remix Teaching Through Blended Online Learning - 2012
- Video Story Problems - 2012
- Reminder: Fireside Chat Today with Week 2 K12Online Keynoters! - 2010