Louise Maine Punxsutawney, PA, USA
Bio: Louise Maine is a biology teacher and a site reviewer for TeachersFirst. She was featured in Edutopia magazine on use of wikis (August/September 2008). Her conference presentations include class wiki use at the One-to-one Conference at Penn State University in April 2008, and featured as a model teacher by the State of PA for the Classrooms for the future coaches bootcamp, October 2008.
Bio Page: http://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Louise+Maine
Presentation Title: Overcoming Entropy
Description: In Science, entropy is the course of events towards disorder of a system. In new ideas or models, early adopters have the spirit and the energy of innovative ideas. This is the case with 21st century skills. In order to continue innovation and change the course of education, the momentum of change needs to overcome entropy. Reflection of lessons learned in creating change has brought to light successful and unsuccessful ways to balance energy and entropy as well as several barriers and thoughts that should be considered.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 6 Presentations 28 October 2013 - 2013
- 20 Creation Apps in 20 Minutes - 2013
- If You Want Data to Transform Learning, Present It as “Over-the-Counter” - 2013
- Building Learning Keynote - Making the Case for Making in Schools - 2013
- Developing Leadership in Classrooms, Schools and Communities - 2013
- #k12Online10 Day 9 Presentations: 28 October 2010 - 2010
- Aplicaciones Didácticas de la web 2.0:Buenas prácticas - 2010
- Robo Fusion - 2010
- Web Conferencing - Can We Chat? - 2010
- GPS and Geocaching - 2010