Leading the Change
Beyond the Stacks: Using Emerging Technologies to Strengthen Teacher-librarian Leadership
Donna Desroches and Carlene Walter, the Disruptive Innovators, were the 2008 recipients of the Canadian Library Association; Angela Thacker Memorial Award for their contributions to the field of teacher-librarianship.
Donna DesRoches North Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada
Bio: Donna DesRoches is the Learning Resources Consultant for the Living Sky School Division in Saskatchewan. A former teacher librarian, she applies her knowledge of ways to find, share, and use information when working with teachers in exciting and innovative inquiry-based technology projects.
Bio Page: http://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Donna+DesRoches
Carlene Walter Warman, Saskatchewan, Canada
Bio: Carlene Walter is a Learning Support Facilitator with the Prairie Spirit School Division in Saskatchewan. In 2008, Carlene was awarded the SSLA’s John G. Wright Award for recognition of her contributions to school library service. She is passionate about creating opportunities for teacher-librarians to fulfill their role as informational specialists, instructional partners, and literacy leaders.
Bio Page: http://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Carlene+Walter
Presentation Title: Beyond the Stacks: Using Emerging Technologies to Strengthen Teacher-librarian Leadership
Description: Donna DesRoches and Carlene Walter, collectively known as the Disruptive Innovators, present their framework for professional learning and mentorship for teacher-librarians demonstrating how new technologies can be used to creating meaningful online learning opportunities. Within the context of the framework, they will illustrate the importance of redefining, reshaping, and readvocating the role of the teacher-librarian in order to:
- Define the information literate teacher-librarian
- Examine how emerging technologies are creating a need to re-define our roles
- Identify new learning needs
- Present the Disruptive Innovators online workshop, Meet the Stars.
On this day..
- K12Online14 Day Six: October 27, 2014 - 2014
- Connected Learning Through Google Apps - 2014
- Programming in Primary - 2014
- Passion-Based Learning - 2014
- Preview: Week 2 of the K12Online Conference - 2012
- Student Voices Teaser: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012
- Kicking It Up A Notch Keynote Teaser: It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 8 Presentations: 27 October 2010 - 2010
- Planificación y Diseño de Lección en Línea a través de Blogs - 2010
- The Top Ten - 2010