Scott H. Snyder Lewisberry, Pennsylvania, USA
Bio: Scott, a graduate of Bowling Green State University (Ohio) with a B.S.
in Education, has been teaching for 15 years. A member of the English
Department at Cedar Cliff High School, Camp Hill, PA, USA, Scott
teaches Theater, American Literature, and AP Language and Composition.
Presentation Description: Backchanneling, traditionally an online discussion running alongside a
live presentation, is a way to engage all students in classroom
activities, including students who are normally non-participants.
Issues and student needs that lead me to the technique, the educational
relevance of the process, backchanneling services (including
possibilities and limitations of several), and example activities will
all be addressed in this presentation.
Original (19:17 Run Time; .mov, 287 MB)
iPod Video (19:51 Run Time; m4v, 78.5 MB)
Audio only (19:51 Run Time; mp3, 10.4 MB)
3 Essential Questions:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 7 Presentations 29 October 2013 - 2013
- T3:Triple Threat in Tech: Art, Music, and Media - 2013
- Mindfulness and Neuroscience: How a Contemplative Curriculum for K-12 Students can Improve Focus, Connectedness, and Self-Regulation - 2013
- A Story + A Green Wall = 1 Amazing Transformed Digital Story.... - 2013
- Learn how to create a WordPress Website in less than 20 minutes - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 6 Presentations: 29 October 2012 - 2012
- Teaching Art in a Technology Rich and Connected Classroom - 2012
- Quest Atlantis: Student Design and Ownership - 2012
- Keynote for Kicking It Up A Notch : It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- Keynote for Student Voices: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012