Kathy Cassidy, Moose Jaw, SK, Canada
Bio: Kathy Cassidy is a grade one teacher at Westmount School in Moose Jaw, SK, Canada who is very interested in the ways in which technology can support and augment the learning in her primary classroom.
Patrick Lewis, Regina, SK
Bio:Patrick Lewis is an associate professor of Early Childhood Education at the University of Regina, SK. He is a storyteller-teacher-researcher interested in good stories.
Presentation Title:” We Like Our Blogging Buddies: The Write Stuff with Blogging Mentors”
Description: In the winter of 2008, Patrick Lewis’s university class of pre-service teachers were blogging mentors for Kathy Cassidy’s grade one students. This presentation talks about that collaboration and the results of the research that was conducted about the effect this mentorship had on the students’ writing.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 3 Presentations: 23 October, 2013 - 2013
- The planning and development of a free online resource - ‘A Trifling History of the Moving Image’. - 2013
- Bread and Butter: Civilization, Toast, and Open Content - 2013
- 5 Themes of Geography: Local to Global - 2013
- Making and Sharing Fugleflicks - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 2 Presentations: 23 October 2012 - 2012
- Virtual Worlds for Immersive, Media Rich Educational Shared Environments - 2012
- The Flipped Class for Administrators - 2012
- Leveraging the Power of Social Media in the Classroom - 2012
- Leveraging Social Media to Flatten Your Classroom Walls - 2012