Sara Kajder, Virginia Tech University, Virginia, USA
Bio: Sara Kajder, Ph.D. is an assistant professor of English education where she coordinates the English Education program and serves as a literacy affiliated faculty member. Her research examines the nature of teaching English in standards based contexts, the integration of new literacies and emerging technologies to support teaching and learning, and the nature and development of adolescents’ literacy identities.
Bio Page: https://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Sara+Kajder
Presentation Title: “Promise into Practice: What it Now Means to Teach Adolescent Readers”
Description: It is a daunting and exciting time to teach English – especially as we consider the “shifts” in how we define literacy, and the toolset for our work as readers and writers continually expands. This session investigates one teacher’s work in studying her practice and students’ learning when she worked to bridge new literacies into “traditional” classroom practice.
Supporting Links: http://www.bringingtheoutsidein.com
On this day..
- Teaser: Passion-Driven Learning - 2014
- K12Online14 Day Three: October 22, 2014 - 2014
- Augmenting Interest in Reading with Augmented Reality - 2014
- #Gamifi_ED Networked Intergenerational Learning - 2014
- Digital Story Telling Through App Smashing - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 2 Presentations: 22 October 2013 - 2013
- Connecting Classrooms Globally - 2013
- School of Open Courses for Educators - 2013
- Expanding Learning Possibilities through Crowdfunding Education Projects - 2013
- Crowdsourcing Your Professional Development - 2013