Jackie Gerstein Tucson, Arizona, USA
Bio: Jackie is a lifelong learner with a passion for all aspects of authentic education. She has an Ed.D., a Masters in Curriculum and Instruction, a graduate certificate in Gifted Education, and is working on another Masters degree – this one in Technology in Education. She teaches gifted elementary students (or they teach her) and online Masters in Education courses. Visit Jackie’ Gerstein’s Professional Online Portfolio; to learn more about her also visit her Philosophical Views on Education in the 21st Century.
Bio Page: https://k12online08presenters.wikispaces.com/Jackie+Gerstein
Presentation Title: “Web 2.0 Tools to Amplify Elementary Students’ Creativity and Initiative”
Description: This presentation describes projects designed for students, ages 8 to 12, to use emerging technologies for engaging, thinking, learning, collaborating, creating, and innovating. It has its foundations in social constructivism whereby students drive their own learning experiences through educational networking using emerging technologies. An additional goal is using free, open-source, or minimal cost tools, so the project can be replicated.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 4 Presentations: 24 October, 2013 - 2013
- Social /Library Media Project Based Learning - 2013
- Radically Learner-Centered: Badges at P2PU - 2013
- Transforming your Classroom from the Outside In - 2013
- Open Online Experience - 2013
- Photography for All - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 3 Presentations: 24 October 2012 - 2012
- How Technology Helped Me Paint With Mud - 2012
- Creating Learning Experiences without the Textbook - 2012
- Beyond eLearning: Online Teaching Platforms - 2012