Presenter: Bron Stuckey
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Presentation Description: Students in the inaugural Quest Atlantis Student Congress worked to design, plan, program and build virtual worlds missions, games and activities to support the learning of peers around the globe. Much of Quest Atlantis is managed content and curriculum but in the Student Congress it is the students who design the curriculum based on their passions and interests. The teachers role is to support, scaffold and most of the time get out of the way and stop drawing boundaries to limit student creativity and learning This video shows how kids built virtual world environments and activities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills and to support the learning of their peers.Your school can readily be part of this exciting program as any student can level up in the game and community to be part of this supportive and creative space. Digital citizenship IS a lived curriculum and activities like these in QA offer opportunities for leadership, mentoring, collaboration and healthy competition.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Teachers wishing to join Quest Atlantis should apply for an educator account to explore the program.
Then join an online teacher professional development workshop to become a Quest Atlantis certified teacher.
There is no $$$ cost to the program but there is a professional commitment to attend training and use the program as part of a rich inquiry classroom pedagogy.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 7 Presentations 29 October 2013 - 2013
- T3:Triple Threat in Tech: Art, Music, and Media - 2013
- Mindfulness and Neuroscience: How a Contemplative Curriculum for K-12 Students can Improve Focus, Connectedness, and Self-Regulation - 2013
- A Story + A Green Wall = 1 Amazing Transformed Digital Story.... - 2013
- Learn how to create a WordPress Website in less than 20 minutes - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 6 Presentations: 29 October 2012 - 2012
- Teaching Art in a Technology Rich and Connected Classroom - 2012
- Keynote for Kicking It Up A Notch : It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- Keynote for Student Voices: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 10 Presentations: 29 October 2010 - 2010