Presenter: Elaine Plybon
Location: Bedford, Texas USA
Presentation Description: Teenagers spend 80% of their time on the internet involved in social networking websites. This presentation explores the ways educators can utilize their understanding of these venues to create engaging lessons that will help students gain content knowledge, assist teachers in assessing student progress, and provide opportunities for discussions about the students’ own digital footprints. The presentation is designed with the educator who has to deal with restrictive internet filters and even a total lack of internet availability for students.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Elaine Plybon’s web site: http://www.elaineplybon.net/
On this day..
- K12Online14 Day Four: October 23, 2014 - 2014
- Digital Tools for Challenged Learners- Leveling the Playing Field! - 2014
- Gamification: It's not all fun and games! - 2014
- We Are All Connected - 2014
- My Journey With Technology - 2014
- K12Online13 Day 3 Presentations: 23 October, 2013 - 2013
- The planning and development of a free online resource - ‘A Trifling History of the Moving Image’. - 2013
- Bread and Butter: Civilization, Toast, and Open Content - 2013
- 5 Themes of Geography: Local to Global - 2013
- Making and Sharing Fugleflicks - 2013