Presenter: Scott Merrick
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Presentation Description: Scott Merrick has been exploring virtual worlds, a.k.a. 3D online environments, for years and has focused for the past half decade on their potentials for extending learning and teaching onto the global stage. He has been known to mashup technologies in order to get a point, or points, across. This session utilizes a live exploration of a custom-built Wallwisher.com webpage with voice narration created in Audacity. Learn a little bit about several more or less randomly selected (from hundreds existing) examples of the power of virtual environments to help establish “sense of place at a distance.” Then visit the wall itself in order to fully explore resources which a 20 minute recorded session can only overview.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 10 1 November 2013 - 2013
- Constructing Identity with an iPad - 2013
- Deeper Learning Online - 2013
- STEAM: Creating A Maker Mindset - 2013
- Leading by Example: Harnessing the Internet to Promote Professional Growth and Lifelong Learning - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 9 Presentations: 1 November 2012 - 2012
- Digital Tools for Differentiating Vocabulary Instruction - 2012
- Authentic Voices - 2012
- Student News Teams: Telling the Story - 2012
- Closing Keynote: A Gardener's Approach To Learning - 2010