Presenter: Robin Beaver and Jean Moore
Location: Rosemont, PA, USA
Link to presenter’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: Bridging History Using Web 2.0 Tools
Presentation Description: This presentation is a joint venture between a classroom teacher, Jean Moore and instructional tech specialist, Robin Beaver. Jean’s 7th grade students study Asia as part of their Social Studies/Literature curriculum. Over the past several years Jean has developed a number of projects involving technology to enrich these units of study. These activities have evolved over time in order to take advantage of the capabilities of new technologies. In this video we share ways in which Web 2.0 tools have helped to transform this unit and the impact this had on student collaboration and learning. Supporting materials include links to resources and activities used by Jean as well as tutorials for two of the tools mentioned.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- Afterglow Live Event: Join Us Monday Night, December 12th! - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 4 Presentations: 10 December 2009 - 2009
- Embracing Web 2.0 for the Administrator - 2009
- Moogpal in Action - 2009
- Slippery Rocks & Hard Places: Twelve Bridges and Learning Matters - 2009
- Keeping Literacy in 21st Century Literacy - 2009
- Google SketchUp Unleashed - 2009
- Super Social Safety Digiteens Present the Top Sites for Kids Ages 8-12: Invitation to Join - 2009
- Flat Classroom Project Student Summits: Invitation to Join - 2009