Presenter: Julie Lindsay
Location: Beijing, China
Link to presenter’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: Learning Confluence: Where Philosophy Meets Practice in the 21st Century
Presentation Description: Current accepted forms of professional development provide opportunities for small bites and quick-fix solutions but do not encourage immersion, ongoing conversations and collaborative sharing of experiences. Adoption of a learning confluence amongst educators can and will make a difference within a school and extend the learning beyond the immediate environment.
Based on recent practice at an international school, a model of teacher engagement and improved pedagogical approach has been developed that leads the way into transformed learning in the classroom. Using a face-to-face meeting format, including expert advisers and a virtual component, educators extended their learning boundaries and embraced constructivism with the purpose of challenging themselves to ‘lean into the sharp edges’ of 21st century education.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Julie blogs at: E-Learning Journey’s
Follow Julie on Twitter
Julie is julielindsay on Skype
On this day..
- K12Online11 Day 9 Presentations: 8 December 2011 - 2011
- Everything Apps for the K12 Educator - 2011
- Creating a Self Correcting Quiz Using Google Forms - 2011
- Tools to Create, Produce and Publish - 2011
- Making Learning Fun In Spite of the Technology - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 2 Presentations: 8 December 2009 - 2009
- Just a "touch" of leadership - Using the iPod Touch/IPhone in Administration - 2009
- LAN: Learning Is Social - 2009
- Instructional Strategies That Work with Videoconferencing: Increasing Interactivity - 2009
- Using E-Books to Motivate Pupils Writing - 2009