Presenters: Monkia, Jim, Jessi, Hans, Morgan, Lucas, Cristan, Noah, Chase, Aaron, Gus, Andria, & Austin (with help from educators Monika Hardy and Jim Folkestad)
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Link to the students’ teacher’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: Students Redefine School
Presentation Description: We believe that education is the vehicle to social change everyone craves. We believe that personalization is now possible in public school, because of the connections to people and info the web now allows. We believe that the process of learning how to learn, amped by the personalization digital equity allows is the new standard.
In the lab, we are experimenting with ways to facilitate personalized learning and ownership. We believe learning and self-constructing is natural, but most people need to break out of habits focused on following rules. Experimentation means doing, and doing breeds mistakes. Risk of failure blinds many to their potential. We believe playing it safe today is a greater risk.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
some links to what we’re doing….
facebook group – daily footage
site created to scale the processbeta
student voices for k-12 online
student voices trailer for k-12 online
adjacency part of ongoing experiments
current videos modeling the (detox) process of thinking
On this day..
- K12 Online Live Event - Teachers Teaching Teachers - 2012
- K12Online12 Day 1 Presentations: 22 October 2012 - 2012
- Going One-to-One - 2012
- Visioning New Curriculum Keynote - 2012
- A Digital Journey with Primary Students and No Budget! - 2012
- Digital ID Project A Platform for Learning, Sharing, Remixing and Teaching Digital Citizenship - 2012
- Announcing 2011 Conference Keynote Speakers - 2011
- #k12Online10 Day 5 Presentations: 22 October 2010 - 2010
- Don't Fear the Cloud, Embrace It and Leverage It! - 2010
- Learning On My Own - 2010