Presenter: Karen Blumberg & Anne Kimbrel
Location: New York, NY & Portland, OR
Link to presenter’s K12Online Ning Profile page
Presentation Title: License to Cull with Creative Commons and yolink
Presentation Description: How do you find information which is public, and is it ethical to use it in another context? How is information being shared and what free tools can we use to make these tasks easier?
Creative Commons “provides free licenses and other legal tools to mark creative work with the freedom the creator wants it to carry, so others can share, remix, use commercially, or any combination thereof.” (http://creativecommons.org/about)
Yolink is a free Web 2.0 tool used to streamline the process of doing online research and integrates directly with Google Docs, allowing users to save web content straight to their Google Apps account, importing also the Creative Commons license if applicable.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online12 Day 5 Presentations: 26 October 2012 - 2012
- Make Meaning with Wolfram Alpha - 2012
- The Magic of Mobile Learning - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 7 Presentations: 26 October 2010 - 2010
- Teaching Science to 21st Century Learners - 2010
- Project Based Learning in Hand - 2010
- Teaching Kids To Think Using Scratch - 2010
- "When Night Falls" begins!! - 2007
- Friday, October 26 Presentations - 2007
- Professional Learning Networks
“Online Professional Development” - 2007