Vicki Davis Camilla, Georgia, USA
Julie Lindsay Doha, State of Qatar
Bio: Vicki Davis is a teacher and the IT director at Westwood Schools in Camilla, Georgia, Vicki blogs at the award winning Cool Cat Teacher blog which has been an edublog award finalist for Best Teacher blog for the last two years and is currently ranked the top teacher blog in the world according to Technorati. Vicki is a Google Certified Teacher and Discovery S.T.A.R. Educator and is a freelance writer and conference presenter.
Julie Lindsay, currently Head of Information Technology and E-Learning at Qatar Academy, Doha, Qatar, is an enthusiastic, global-minded education leader and innovator. Originally from Melbourne, Australia over the past 10 years she has been teaching and leading the use of technology in schools in Zambia, Kuwait, Bangladesh and Qatar.
Vicki and Julie are co-founders of three international projects, the Flat Classroom project (winner of ISTE SIGTel Online Learning Award 2007, and Taking IT Global Best ONline Learning Project 2007, and featured in The World is Flat, by Thomas Friedman), the Horizon project, and Digiteen. These projects have linked more than 500 students from over 10 countries in collaborative projects harnessing the most powerful Web 2.0 tools available.
Presentation Description: How do you measure up? How do you grow from month to month and year to year in a tough profession that often lives in the tyranny of the urgent? This presentation explores ‘food for thought’ background and issues to do with growing and succeeding in a flattened educational environment and encourages you to pick several areas for improvement this year. It also offers tips for carving out “time to think”, and the development of mentorship and the grassroots movement of educators and how you can “join in.” Educators around the world can set your goals for improvement and share what they are doing this year to kick it up a notch and grow as well.
Link on Dotsub
- Google Map for people to share how they are kicking it up a notch http://tinyurl.com/68qljt
- Flat Classroom Presents – http://flatclassroompresents.wikispaces.com/
- Flat Classrooms Ning: http://flatclassrooms.ning.com
- Archive and Links to Past Projects – http://archive.flatclassroomproject.com
- Help Files and Tutorials – http://help. flatclassroomproject.com
- Flat Classroom Conference (first conference to be held in Doha, Qatar in January 2009) – http://conference.flatclassroomproject.com
3 Essential Questions
On this day..
- Preview: Week 2 of the K12Online Conference - 2012
- Student Voices Teaser: Kids Teaching Kids - 2012
- Kicking It Up A Notch Keynote Teaser: It's Not About the Apps - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 8 Presentations: 27 October 2010 - 2010
- Planificación y Diseño de Lección en Línea a través de Blogs - 2010
- The Top Ten - 2010
- Integrating Online Language Tasks for Young Learners - 2010
- Record, Reflect & Share: VoiceThread as a Digital Portfolio - 2010
- Day 6 Presentations: 27 October 2008 - 2008
- Leading the Change
Beyond the Stacks: Using Emerging Technologies to Strengthen Teacher-librarian Leadership - 2008