Presenter: Alexander Fryer
Location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
Presentation Description: Minecraft is a game and virtual world you may have heard about but not know a lot about. I created this presentation to show adults what students are doing in Minecraft, some basics of the game, and how people (even adults) are using Minecraft in creative, fun and interactive ways. In this presentation I share some of the worlds I’ve created in Minecraft, describe how I’ve learned about Minecraft primarily using the Minecraft Wiki and YouTube videos created by other users, and show some clips from videos demonstrating some of the possibilities of Minecraft. I hope this presentation inspires you to learn more and ask your students about what they have created in Minecraft.
Link to Presentation’s Supporting Documents:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 9 Presentations 31 October, 2013 - 2013
- Digital Portfolios - 2013
- Making Space to Make - 2013
- Creativity Rising - 2013
- Building Knowledge of Web Search - 2013
- The Promise of Leadership - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 8 Presentations: 31 October 2012 - 2012
- Thinking Big About Learning - 2012
- Creating Seven Habits of Highly Effective Professional Development Learning Experiences - 2012
- Beaucoup de Cool Student Projects - 2012