Presenter: Lorna Costantini
Location: St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Presentation Title: Screencasting 101
Presentation Description: This presentation is suited to those new to screencasting. Viewers will learn how to use screencasting to become a “Teacher on Demand.” This session will guide viewers through the use of screencasts to deliver engaging content for online learning as well as learning extensions in face-to-face classrooms. They will discover the advantages of recorded tutorials, illustrated lessons and just-in-time learning using screen recording software including many free online tools. Viewers will be able to apply these concepts to creating their own online instructions and presentations for and with their students. The free screen recording software Jing will be featured in this course. You will also be introduced to the concept of the “flipped classroom” and examples of how it is being used.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online11 Day 10 Presentations: 9 December 2011 - 2011
- iCreate vs. iConsumption - 2011
- Edmodo: Connect, Collaborate, Create! - 2011
- Playing with the 4C's in an Elementary Classroom - 2011
- Gaming to Learn by Learning to Game - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 3 Presentations: 9 December 2009 - 2009
- Whither ePortfolios - 2009
- You Might Be a 21st Century Leader if... - 2009
- Digiteens: Digital Citizenship by Digital Teenagers - 2009
- Orientation in Second Life - 2009