We’re just 2 weeks away from the start of the 2016-17 K12 Online Conference! Julie Lindsey’s pre-conference keynote video will be posted on October 31, 2016, and a YouTube Live panel discussion led by Julie will be held November 3rd. There are many ways to participate in this year’s conference! Read more about all of these on our conference FAQ.
One of the new ways to participate in our conference this year is to use Voxer. Building on the success of EdCampVoxer in December 2015, organizers have added a Voxer channel for the 2016-17 K12Online conference! Think of Voxer like a group walkie-talkie with optional group text messaging. To get started:
- Download and install the Voxer app on your Smartphone and/or tablet (for iOS or Android)
- Sign up to create a FREE Voxer account using your name and email address. (You do NOT need a Pro/paid account to participate in our conference with Voxer.)
- Use this link to join our #k12onlineconf Voxer channel.
- Listen to and read comments posted by others in our channel.
- Briefly introduce yourself with an audio comment: Who are you, what is your educational role, and how did you learn about the K12 Online Conference?
- Try to keep audio comments no longer than 1-2 minutes each. Voxer technically supports audio comments up to 15 minutes long, but to keep the conversation going in our group we recommend keeping audio comments shorter.
- Interact and engage with others about our conference presentations and themes on Voxer.
- Have fun!