K-12 Online Conference Web feeds
AVAILABLE WEB FEEDS
To facilitate access to the content and conversations surrounding the K-12 Online Conference, the following web feeds are available for anyone to use and access.
Starting in 2010, the K-12 Online Conference is on iTunesU! Presentations for 2010 will be added to our channel for 2010 as they are published according to our conference schedule. Our “archivists committee” will be adding past years’ presentations into the channel in upcoming weeks. Special thanks to the Arizona State Department of Education, Arizona State University, the IDEAL Community and Apple for facilitating our access to iTunesU!
In iTunesU, two options are provided to download multiple episodes: GET TRACKS and SUBSCRIBE. We recommend you choose SUBSCRIBE, since it permits you to download new episodes automatically as they are published. Subscription options are available in our iTunesU channel for each year of the conference. (Eventually we’ll add ALL our 150+ presentations to our channel!)
2009 PODCAST CHANNEL FEEDS
|2009 Audio-only podcast channel (all presentations – also in iTunes)
|2009 Video-only podcast channel (all presentations – also in iTunes)
These podcast channels have been submitted to the iTunes Podcast Directory: link to our 2009 Video Podcast Channel in iTunes as well as our 2009 Audio Podcast Channel in iTunes. If these addresses are not accessible in your location, use these direct feed links:
- Audio podcast channel: http://k12onlineconference.org/podcasts/2009/k12online09-audio.xml
- Video podcast channel: http://k12onlineconference.org/podcasts/2009/k12online09-video.xml
Note that in 2009, audio and video podcasts are hosted by blip.tv, so the blip.tv web domain must be accessible in your location (whitelisted on your content filter, if one is in use) to download/access these files.
|Conference Ning Activity
|Conference blog posts
|Conference blog comments
If you would like more information about what a “web feed” is and how it can help you access information in powerful ways, check out the WikiPedia article on “web feed.”
If you would like to be notified via email, Twitter, or IM (instant messaging on either AIM or Skype) when new posts or comments are made to the conference blog, you can subscribe with FeedBlitz (a free service) to conference blog posts as well as conference blog comments.
OTHER WEB FEED OPTIONS
If you live in China or access the Internet from another location where Feedburner feeds (like those above) are blocked, you can use the following alternative web feeds that come directly from the K-12 Online Conference blog:
- Blog posts: http://k12onlineconference.org/?feed=rss2
- Blog comments: http://k12onlineconference.org/?feed=comments-rss2
2008 PODCAST CHANNEL FEEDS
|2008 Audio-only podcast channel (all presentations)
|2008 Video-only podcast channel (includes available video versions of presentations)
Direct subscription via iTunes is also available for our 2008 Video Podcast Channel and 2008 Audio Podcast Channel. If these addresses are not accessible in your location, use these direct feed links:
- Audio podcast channel: http://k12onlineconference.org/podcasts/2008/k12online08_audio_channel.xml
- Video podcast channel: http://k12onlineconference.org/podcasts/2008/k12online08_video_channel.xml
2007 PODCAST CHANNEL FEEDS
- Feedburner audio podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/K12online07audio
- Alternative audio podcast feed: http://k12onlineconference.org/podcasts/k12online07-audio.xml
- Feedburner video podcast: http://feeds.feedburner.com/K12online07video
- Video podcast feed: http://k12onlineconference.org/podcasts/k12online07-video.xml
The host for our 2006 podcast channel feed went out of business, and we need to re-create that feed and submit it to iTunes for listing in the iTunes Podcast Directory. We intend to do this in 2010! All conference presentations remain linked and available from our schedule archive pages for 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006.