Presenter: Anne Mirtschin
Location: Hawkesdale, Victoria, Australia
Presentation Title: The World is My Classroom
Presentation Description: Learn how a virtual, global, and culturally-blended classroom is not just a dream, it’s a reality. Listen to stories from classrooms in a small rural P12 school that is isolated culturally and geographically where innovative technology is used to engage students allowing them to connect, communicate and collaborate with students/classrooms across the globe. This is a big classroom where:
- blended classrooms may be global in nature
- learning is 24/7/365
- Experts and students of all ages learn together – learning is vertical and horizontal
- learning goes beyond physical walls
- global projects are encouraged
- learning can be ‘messy’ but the learning outcomes amazing!
Listen to classroom stories, learn of favourite online tools to use and ways to use them. Explore different ways to get connected to others, join projects and how to have your students take initiative.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents: