The following are core values, ethics, and the mission / focus of the K-12 Online Conference.
- Conference: Provide an annual opportunity for educators around the world to share ideas and best practices relating to the use of web 2.0 tools for learning through an online conference.
- Archiving: Archive presentation content and blog conversations indefinitely for global access.
- Noncommercial: Focus on learning tools, concepts and ideas which are not specific to vendors or directly marketing specific vendor-provided products and services.
- Accessibility: Provide as broad access to the conference content as possible with respect to file sizes, formats, etc.
- Participation: Invite anyone to participate in the conference as an individual, rather than an official representative of an organization
- Open Source and Free Tools: Support open source tools and communities, as well as free tools available for educators worldwide.
If you are affiliated with a commercial vendor, please note that our conference is NOT a venue for advertising and direct marketing. Anyone is welcome to participate in the conference as an individual, but if you spam others or engage in direct commercial marketing you will be banned from our learning community.