Presentation Title: Hardware is not Enough – The Teacher/Facilitator Partnership
Presentation Description: Building and sustaining 21st century teaching and learning practices to develop purposeful play requires a new kind of support structure, focusing on human relationships and pedagogy. Many schools label this position as a Technology Facilitator, but there are a surprising number that don’t yet see the need for this role. It is the partnership between the teacher and facilitator that brings out the full potential of any technology-rich classroom, particularly a 1:1 learning environment.
Chrissy Hellyer (Grade 5 classroom teacher) and Kim Cofino (Technology and Learning Coordinator) will describe and share examples of their successful Facilitator-Teacher partnership at (and beyond) the International School Bangkok in this video presentation. Chrissy will offer insights, examples and resources from the perspective of the practicing classroom teacher. Kim will offer strategies, processes and resources from the perspective of the technology facilitator.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- #k12Online11 Day 3 Presentations: 30 November 2011 - 2011
- When Leadership and Learning Collide - 2011
- Tradigital History: Bringing the Past Alive - 2011
- Computer Based Math - 2011
- 2009 PRECONFERENCE KEYNOTE:
Going Global: Culture Shock, Convergence and the Future of Education - 2009
- Living History Teaser from Jane Ross - 2009
- Teaser for Little Kids, Big Possibilities by Kelly Hines - 2009