As part of the k12 online conference 2009 and as a conclusion to the Digiteen Project #3 of 2009, students from Westwood Schools will be presenting their top socially connected sites for kids aged 8-12 (and some that they DO NOT recommend.) As part of Digiteen 2009, these students felt that many sites that are marketed to kids aged 8-12 are not appropriate nor safe and set out to review and test the best. They have been blogging and have a twitter account (@socialsafety) and will be presenting live in Elluminate on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 from 12:15 pm-12:45 pm and answer your questions about their testing experiences.
At the conclusion of the student presentation, from 12:45pm – 1:15 pm leading social internet safety expert, Anne Collier will reflect and talk with students about their findings. Backchannel questions will be included in the conversation.
This is just one of the many action projects of the Digiteen project: A Flat Classroom project. This project will be moderated by Vicki Davis, and led by student project manager, Erin B from Westwood Schools.
Join our Flat Classroom Projects Group on this Ning: http://k12online.ning.com/group/flatclassroomprojects
Here is the link to our Flat Classroom Public Presentation room: https://sas.elluminate.com/m.jnlp?sid=2007066&password=M.BBF3F987EB53E7EAB1128C0DA2E961
Come and join us at any or all of the following:
Super Social Safety: Sites for Kids Aged 8-12
Wednesday December 16: Super Social Safety Presentation12:15 pm EST , Time and Date Conversion
On this day..
- Afterglow Live Event: Join Us Monday Night, December 12th! - 2011
- K12Online09 Day 4 Presentations: 10 December 2009 - 2009
- Embracing Web 2.0 for the Administrator - 2009
- Moogpal in Action - 2009
- Slippery Rocks & Hard Places: Twelve Bridges and Learning Matters - 2009
- Bridging History Using Web 2.0 Tools - 2009
- Keeping Literacy in 21st Century Literacy - 2009
- Google SketchUp Unleashed - 2009
- Flat Classroom Project Student Summits: Invitation to Join - 2009