Ajax, Ontario, Canada
“RSS for Educators (Advanced)”
Quentin D’Souza is an Elementary Resource Teacher in the Academic Information and Communication Technology Department at the Toronto Catholic District School Board, which is responsible for over 80,000 students in Toronto, Canada. He helps teachers and administrators to improve the quality of education that they can deliver to their students through the use of technology. Quentin has written numerous articles that have appeared in print and online. He has presented focused technology seminars, workshops, and multi-day events both locally and provincially. He has developed curriculum and resources for the Ontario Ministry of Education, ILC/TV Ontario, Harcourt Canada, The Learning Partnership and other organizations. Quentin has worked as an online mentor, developed/taught online and blended courses, and moderated online discussions.
You can keep up with Quentin’s activities and writing by visiting his blog at http://www.teachinghacks.com./
This presentation will discuss the use of Rich Site Summary (RSS) feeds in classroom situations as both teaching and learning tools. Starting from the basics of setting up an online feed reader, we will move to the use of RSS in weblogs, collaborative bookmarks, content sharing, for research, and audio and video delivery to the classroom.
There are three components to this session:
- The main content of this session will be a 45 minute screencast presentation – RSS Ideas for Educators.
- This session is supported by a PDF document (48 pgs, 741 KB), which builds upon the screencast presentation and extends it into a number of Web 2.0 applications.
- Visit the wiki for this session which outlines the ideas identified in the PDF document. Attendees are encouraged to add ideas to the wiki or develop ideas that are already there.
On this day..
- K12Online12 Day 5 Presentations: 26 October 2012 - 2012
- Make Meaning with Wolfram Alpha - 2012
- The Magic of Mobile Learning - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 7 Presentations: 26 October 2010 - 2010
- Teaching Science to 21st Century Learners - 2010
- License to Cull with Creative Commons and yolink - 2010
- Project Based Learning in Hand - 2010
- Teaching Kids To Think Using Scratch - 2010
- "When Night Falls" begins!! - 2007
- Friday, October 26 Presentations - 2007