Winnetka, IL, USA
Vinnie is the Director of Academic Technology at North Shore Country Day School, a JK through 12th grade independent school located north of Chicago, IL, US. As the school’s use of technology has grown, so has Vinnie’s role. Currently as a teacher, his “students” are not only in kindergarten through twelfth grade, but include the adult members of the school community as well.
“Expanding Horizons – Engaging the Adult Members of your Community (Teachers, Administrators, and Parents) through the Use of Personal/Professional Learning Networks”
This session is going to take participants on a journey consisting of four segments, which are: 1. Creating your own Personal Learning Network (PLN), 2. Motivating Faculty to expand their PLNs; 3. Mentoring Administrators about the value of PLNs and 4. Engaging Parents to construct PLNs. Upon completion, participant will be given the opportunity to begin to expand their own PLN. Keeping the conversation alive beyond the conference, participants will be encouraged to share what has been successful within their own learning networks so that all may benefit.
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 5 Presentations: 25 October, 2013 - 2013
- Writing - It's All about Collaboration and Sharing - 2013
- Place-Based Education: The Greenspire School - 2013
- Any Device Will Do! Best Practices of BYOD Implementation - 2013
- Blogging with Little People - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 4 Presentations: 25 October 2012 - 2012
- Make/Hack/Play - Lenses for Learning - 2012
- Show off your work online using Weebly.com - 2012
- #k12Online10 Day 6 Presentations: 25 October 2010 - 2010
- Seeds to Success with Skype - 2010