Presentation Title: Crowdsourcing Your Professional Development
Presentation Description: Tanya Avrith and Holly Clark co-hosts of the eduslam.me vodcast show discuss how they are using their networks to crowdsource for best practices and professional development using some of the most innovative educators in the world. In this segment, they interview Jennie Magiera from Chicago, Illinois and David Theriault from Huntington Beach, California to demonstrate how they are harnessing the power of their social networks to crowdsource their personal learning, as well as the learning of their students.
Tanya and Holly share their story and how they came up with the concept of eduslam.me and demonstrate examples of how powerful the concept of open learning can be.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
Tanya Avrith’s Blog is found at tanyaavrith.com, Holly Clark can be found at hollyclark.net.
Read more about eduslam on our interview with Jennie Magiera :
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 2 Presentations: 22 October 2013 - 2013
- Connecting Classrooms Globally - 2013
- School of Open Courses for Educators - 2013
- Expanding Learning Possibilities through Crowdfunding Education Projects - 2013
- Science Is All Around Our Town - 2013
- K12 Online Live Event - Teachers Teaching Teachers - 2012
- K12Online12 Day 1 Presentations: 22 October 2012 - 2012
- Going One-to-One - 2012
- Visioning New Curriculum Keynote - 2012
- A Digital Journey with Primary Students and No Budget! - 2012