Presenter: Janine Campbell
Location: Dorr, MI
Presentation Description: This presentation explores the following three ways to broaden the horizon of learning outside of the classroom walls: 1. Connecting and Collaborating, 2. Field Trips, 3. Guests. Through examples of each method, teachers will walk away with a variety of steps they can take to look for opportunities to bring outside learning into their classroom using both digital and traditional methods. The use of online tools to engage in outside learning like twitter, Skype, and Artsonia will be explained and specific examples of how those tools were used in the classroom will be shown. Student engagement will also be at the center of this presentation.
Link to presentation’s supporting documents:
On this day..
- K12Online13 Day 4 Presentations: 24 October, 2013 - 2013
- Social /Library Media Project Based Learning - 2013
- Radically Learner-Centered: Badges at P2PU - 2013
- Open Online Experience - 2013
- Photography for All - 2013
- K12Online12 Day 3 Presentations: 24 October 2012 - 2012
- How Technology Helped Me Paint With Mud - 2012
- Creating Learning Experiences without the Textbook - 2012
- Beyond eLearning: Online Teaching Platforms - 2012
- 7 Degrees of Connectedness - 2012